Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Prom makeup and hair question?

I'm wearing a red and white prom dress, and I have curly brown hair [a bit longer than shoulder-length]. I was thinking about getting my hair done because I'm not too good at styling it, but I wanted to know what styles you'd suggest. I'd like for most it to be up and out of my face, but I can't find any good sites for pictures. [I'll probably go to Fantastic Sam's to get it done, I've always liked what they've done]. And I wanted to know what makeup you'd suggest. Anything but pink, please, I really hate that color. I have light skin, some freckles, and green eyes. Any ideas?





If you could find some sites with good pictures, that'd be really helpful and I'll give you the 10 points.Prom makeup and hair question?
well, my date (whos very beautiful) wore pinkish-red lipstick, and had curly brown hair. Keep your hair!Prom makeup and hair question?
ok im a guy so i dont really know but maybe for the makeup put on red listpick and other red makeup (but not too much) and for the hair i think u should search on ask jeevs or googlge i odnt really know but i hope i helped u
the 1st and 2nd links for hair


3rd for makeup!!!
Talk to someone where you want to get your hair done. They have books there that you can use for reference. Also, you could look through magazines (prom and bridal are the best) to find what you want.


For your makeup, go to the mall and have them do your makeup. You might have to buy something (like an eye pencil) but they do a great job! Clinique is the best, I think. Estee Lauder is good too, and you'll feel like a million bucks! Have fun at prom!
http://www.seventeen.com/beauty/hairguid鈥?/a>





http://www.prom-hair.org/viewforum.php?f鈥?/a>


(This site has a little bit of everything from makeup to how you should wear your hair with a strapless dress)http://www.beautytipsonline.com/prom_hai鈥?/a>





As for makeup....Go to the mall to any makeup counter and ask for a consultation. They will give you ideas on how to do your makeup and what colors will work. When I was in high school quite a few girls made appointments at the Clinique counter to have their makeup done that day. And it's free!!!!!!!!
Go to SEXYHAIR.TV


You'll find some great pictures.


Red can be tricky. If you're not into pink, I would suggest a smoky steel gray eye and nude shiny lips. Or even a red stained shiny lip if you can find one that doesn't fight the dress too much. Make sure the reds have the same base. ex: blue base or pink base or orange base. Hold them against a white background to be sure.


Your hair should definately be different sized curls and all different textured curls. It's all about the textures. Some spiral some loose some messy some smooth. Look at Hollywood and all the magazines. UPDO's are so UP-DONT.
if you do something really fancy with your hair, dont go to wild on the make-up or go heavy on the make-up and leave your hair simple...dont do fancy hair and a lot of make-up...it draws too much attention to your face and away from your dress
http://www.2hairstyles.com/curly15.shtml





Try this site. The pictures nice. Do you see how there are cornrows (sort of) pulling her hair back. As for your makeup, go for a very natural look, but if you like color, purple really brings out green eyes (like mine). And you're right, pink eye shadow-horrible.
I suggest a loose French twist with curls coming out of the twist (on top) and tendrils. Try Narscosmetics.com for makeup tips. Their ';Orgasm'; blush is the best for people with fair skin. Forest green may be a good accent color for your eyes, and you can highlight your eyes with a gold cream shadow, like Nars's ';El Dorado.';
well, my hair is straight, so when I went to prom, (so long ago...) I played with my hair a lot in front of the mirror so that I could get something that I thought would look good but natural...It was easy for me, but again...I have straight hair. I don;t know anything about curly or wavy hair, but I like the ';tendrils'; idea. Of course, pull it up and away from your face. Work the tendrils... As for make-up, go to any store at the mall (down here there's Foleys or Dillards) and ask one of the ladies behind the counter to help you get the right make-up for the outfit you will be wearing for that evening. Good luck and have a great time at the prom. I'm sure you'll look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment